Sunday, October 16, 2011

monster cookies party!

Pin It

Let's make MONSTER COOKIES! I don't know what makes a monster cookie a monster cookie but I can tell you that this makes a monster sized batch of monster sized cookies. They taste like they came from a gourmet cookie bakery & this recipe is in my top 10 favorite recipes of all time. In fact, part of the reason I made this blog is because I live in fear of losing THIS recipe. Every time I decide to make these I feel a slight panic because the recipe is always misfiled in my recipe book & the only copy I have is on a tiny yellowed scrap of newspaper print that I cut out MANY years ago. Now that I've typed up the recipe I can print it to my heart's content.



Monster Cookies

makes 5 dozen large cookies (recipe can be halved)

ingredients:

1 1/2 cups butter flavored Crisco
2 1/2 cups brown sugar
2 cups sugar
6 eggs
3 cups crunchy peanut butter
2 tablespoons light corn syrup
4 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons vanilla
9 cups oats
12 ounces semi sweet chocolate chips

directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. With electric mixer in large mixing bowl cream Crisco, brown sugar & sugar. Add eggs, peanut butter, corn syrup, baking soda & vanilla, mixing well after each addition.

2. Stir in oats & chocolate chips. The dough gets VERY thick & hard to stir. A stand mixer works great or just use a large wood spoon.

3. Scoop dough by quarter cup and place 3 inches apart on ungreased pan. Bake 9 to 11 minutes. Cool for 3 minutes on cookie sheet then remove to cooling rack.

P.S. In case you were wondering, there is no flour in this recipe. Weird, huh?

Pin It

2 comments:

  1. can u substitute for the crisco?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Leah, I've never tried butter instead of Crisco for this recipe. I'm sure you could make the switch, the cookies would probably be less soft & less fluffy. Let me know how it turns out if you give it a try. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...