pi·zook·ie [pe-zʊ-kee] rhymes with cookie\noun 1. a dessert cookie shaped like a pizza
skook·ie [skʊ-kee] rhymes with cookie\noun 1. a cookie made from sweet dough baked in a skillet
I prefer the term...DELICIOUS! And ever since I saw the post at Sophistimom and this dessert on a restaurant menu I've been dreaming of it. I'm happy to say that all of those dreams have come true!
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped nuts
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Melt butter in an 8 inch cast iron skillet over medium heat. Stir in sugar, brown sugar and vanilla. Remove from heat. Let pan cool for 5 minutes.
3. Add egg to skillet mixture and stir well with a fork. Add flour, baking powder & salt to skillet. Carefully mix with a fork until mixed well. Mixture will be thick.
4. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
5. Bake in pre-heated oven for 20-25 minutes or until edges begin to turn golden brown, but soft in the middle.
Serve warm with vanilla ice cream, chocolate ganache or chocolate syrup & chopped almonds.