Friday, April 13, 2012
monkey bread muffins party!
This is such a yummy, easy, quick & inexpensive treat! It's perfect for a lazy Saturday morning breakfast or a sweet midnight snack. My mom always used these canned biscuits to make "cinnamon twists" & this is basically the same recipe.
Monkey Bread Muffins
makes 1 dozen muffins
6 tablespoons butter, melted
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg (I used 1/2 t. but I love nutmeg)
2 7.5 ounce cans refrigerated biscuits dough
1. Spray muffin tins well with cooking spray & preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon & nutmeg in a bowl. Set aside.
3. Separate biscuits & cut into quarters with kitchen shears.
4. Dip quartered dough pieces into melted butter then toss in cinnamon/sugar mixture.
5. Placed 6-7 dough pieces into each muffin cup. If there is any leftover butter or sugar mixture, sprinkle it over the muffins.
6. Bake for 12-14 minutes or until it is my favorite color in the world...golden brown!