Monday, February 27, 2012

s'mores bars party!

Pin It

PRINT RECIPE ONLY

You can't go wrong with a recipe that calls for 2 GIANT Hershey's bars & a jar of marshmallow cream! Add graham cracker cookie dough & you will be crying for S'MORE!!! These are the perfect S'mores, even better than the real thing! It's a total win-win situation. I get my favorite camping treat & I don't have to sleep in a tent!

Thank you, Campfire Girls, for inventing S'mores!

S'mores Bars
recipe adapted from Baking Bites

ingredients
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/3 cups flour
3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs (I used about 6 full graham crackers to get 3/4 cup crumbs)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 Giant Hershey's milk chocolate bars (7 ounces each)
1 jar marshmallow cream, 7 ounces

directions
1. Spray an 8" baking pan with cooking spray. I also lined it with sprayed parchment paper but that is not necessary.

2. Place graham crackers in food processor & pulse until fine crumbs. Or you can just put them in a ziploc & crush them with a rolling pin, etc. Set aside.


3. In large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugars with electric mixer. Add egg & vanilla & mix until combined.

4. In a separate bowl combine flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder & salt. Slowly add this mixture to the butter mixture and mix until combined.


5. Divide dough in half & press half of dough in the bottom of the prepared pan.

6. Place chocolate bars over dough, side by side. I had to cut about 1/2 inch from one of my chocolate bars for them to fit perfectly.


7. Spread the marshmallow cream over the chocolate bars.




8. Roll out the remaining dough into an 8 inch square. I rolled it out on the inside of one of the chocolate bar wrappers and then turned it over on top of the marshmallow cream.


9. Bake @ 350 degrees for 30 minutes, until lightly browned. Cool completely before cutting.


P.S. You can substitute 12 ounces milk chocolate or semi-sweet chocolate chips for the Hershey's bars.Pin It

13 comments:

  1. OMG they look AWESOME! I'm making this for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look like they taste amazing. Why am I on a diet? (sob)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lara, the good news is that they are so rich you only need a small one, lol!

      Delete
  3. They look so yummy! Wish I could have some! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Staci! I promise I would share if you were here. :)

      Delete
  4. These look so good, the kids will LOVE this

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum! My whole family would dig these bars!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are making these and realize there is no mention of what temperature to set the oven. :-) We're going to use 350 as a default. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Heather, oops...YES 350 is correct. I'm sorry about that. Thank you for letting me know I left out that important detail. :) I just added it. Thanks again!

      Delete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. do you refrigerate overnight or just leave out on the counter????

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks to a brilliant effort in publishing your Information. One can be more informative as this. There are many things I can know only after reading your wonderful Information. ibcbet, judi bola, sbobet, agen bola, ibcbet, agen bola

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome information about to make s'mores bars. I am really surprised with this topic. Keep up the good work and post more here to read.. agen bola Terpercaya, agen bola terpercaya, judi bola online

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...