Click HERE to join me on Facebook for the latest updates and new recipes!
Your lips with thank you, your hips will curse you! I admit, making this recipe last night put me over the edge & I started a diet today, but they are SO worth it! These are definitely a splurge if you are trying to eat healthy.
Cheesy Bacon Potato Bites
adapted from Vittles and Bits
2 lbs. potatoes, I used 3 large potatoes
6 slices of bacon, cooked, drained & chopped (reserve 1 tablespoon of the bacon grease).
2 cups medium cheddar cheese, shredded
4 green onions, chopped
salt & pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Brush cookie sheet very lightly with reserved bacon grease. OR you could spray it with cooking spray to save a few calories.
2. Wash & slice potatoes, somewhere between 1/4 and 1/8 inch thick. I like them best on the thick side.
3. Place potato slices in a large pot, cover with water & cook until water boils. Boil for about 5 minutes or less, depending on the thickness of your potatoes. You DON'T want them cooked through, and you definitely still want them firm or they will fall apart.
4. Carefully drain potatoes and arrange on prepared cookie sheet, shingle style, slightly overlapping. Lightly brush potatoes with reserved bacon grease. Or if you are anti-bacon grease, brush with vegetable oil or olive oil.
5. Sprinkle with shredded cheese, salt and pepper to taste and chopped bacon.
6. Bake for 15 minutes until potatoes are cooked through. I placed it under the broiler for 2 minutes after baking for a little extra crunch.
7. Top with chopped green onions.